February Meeting feature: Developmental Editing for Critique Groups
In this editing seminar, you’ll learn how to make the most of your critique partners in 2019.
Meghan Pinson of My Two Cents Editing will show you how to adapt for your critique group the tools developmental editors use to analyze, assess, and develop unfinished and imperfect manuscripts.
She’ll teach you to:
- Set writing and publishing goals so your partners can help you pursue them
- Identify and convey your strengths and weaknesses as a writer, reader, and subject-matter expert
- Communicate your concerns about your work in progress to focus your readers’ responses and use their time wisely
- Establish effective processes for conveying useful critique
- Do triage with outlining, market research, and gut checks so you can plan strategic revisions
2:00-4:00 Sunday, February 3, 2019
1600 W. Broadway
The cost of the seminar is $125 and will be paid by CWG. If you’re a member of the Columbia Chapter of The Missouri Writers Guild, this feature event is included in your membership. This is a great incentive for you to join if you’re not already a member. Annual dues are $25.00. You can join or renew here https://ccmwg.org/membership/.
If you’re an author or a member of a critique group and are considering a one-on-one session, feel free to request an introductory phone call ahead of time to see if it makes sense for you and/or your group. You can book a free phone session through Meghan’s online calendar here: www.calendly.com/meghan-
Meghan is available before and after the seminar to meet with critique groups and individual authors for private consultations. You don’t have to be a CCMWG member for this. To schedule, email meghan@
One-on-one author consultations: $99/hour
Genre-specific critique group consultations: $99
5:00-5:50 p.m. Fiction writers
6:00-6:50 p.m. Narrative nonfiction writers (includes memoir)
7:00-7:50 p.m. Prescriptive nonfiction writers (how-to, inspirational)
8:00-8:50 p.m. Poetry writers
Location for individual and group consultations:
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
3306 W. Broadway Business Park Ct.
Columbia, MO 65203
Columbia Chapter of The Missouri Writers Guild