Register for the Mentorship Program as a perk for registered conferences at
This year, take advantage of an opportunity to meet with an experienced author/editor who will discuss a sample of your writing in a 25-minute one-on-one session.
You may submit work up to the following limits:
- 3 poems
- 3,000 words of fiction or non-fiction
- 10 pages or 10 minutes of script for playwright/screenwriting
Gain insight into your work through dialogue with a mentor. Please note that you must submit your work by Wednesday, October 5 in order to receive a written critique, typically one page in length.
How to sign up for a mentor:
- Request a mentor when you register or at any time up to September 30. The fee for a mentor session is $__35_. If you have already registered by paper or online, email your request to CCMWGemail@gmail.com. This opportunity is only available to registered conference attendees.
- In September, you will receive a list of available experienced authors. Reply to the email by September 30 with your choice. You will receive an email confirming your choice or offering alternatives where possible.
- After your choice is confirmed, submit your work to the mentor by October 5. This allows time for the mentor to review and write a brief critique prior to your one-on-one session.
- Before to the conference, you will receive an email from the Guild with mentor appointment times. Respond to the email to finalize your appointment. The mentors will not be responsible for scheduling appointments.
- During the conference, meet with your mentor, ask questions, enjoy.
Cancellation refunds must be requested by October 5, 2016.
See you in November!