Well Versed 2019 deadline for submissions in the fiction, non-fiction and poetry genres is FAST APPROACHING! We are looking forward to reading your submissions! Please read below for important information regarding submission guidelines and rules.
We are looking for stories, essays and poems that bring subjects to life with well-developed characters, compelling voices, and carefully chosen details.
Entry Fees for members are included with paid membership. For nonmembers, entries are priced below. Nonmembers can visit https://ccmwg.org/product-category/well-versed/ to pay by PayPal or Credit Card.
- Each prose (fiction/non-fiction) entry = $15 (max of 2)
- Poetry bundle (3 poems) entry = $15 (max of 1)
- Submissions must be unpublished at the time of submission. They can however be published elsewhere after they have been published in Well Versed 2019.
- DO NOT put your name or contact information on your document/manuscript. Failure to follow this rule will disqualify your submission.
- Submissions that demean people or groups of people based on appearance, gender, sexual orientation, beliefs, practices, politics or any other category or generalization will be disqualified.
- Submissions that include graphic or gratuitous violence/sexual content will be disqualified.
- Please proofread your work. Consider finding a professional editor to help you.
Prose (Fiction/Non-Fiction) Guidelines
- Prose (fiction/non-fiction) categories are limited to 2 submissions per person.
- Maximum length of submissions is 2000 words.
- Single spaced (no line between paragraphs)
- First line indent set to .3 (not spaces)
- No page numbers
- No headers or footers
- Times New Roman 12 point font
- Standard document margins (1”)
- Left justify paragraphs
- One space after end of sentences
- Author’s name and contact information must NOT appear on the manuscript
- Poetry is limited to 3 submissions per person.
- Poetry may be in any style.
- Poems are limited to 50 lines.
- Lines should be single-spaced, with a double-space between verses. NOTE: a line width in the book is approximately 4.3 inches. If a line of your poem is wider than 4.3 inches in a 12 point font, it will be wrapped to the net line and may not appear as you expected.
- Each poem on a separate page
- Author’s name and contact information must NOT appear on the poems
By submitting to Well Versed 2019, you give permission for your story to be published unless you submit a withdrawal, in writing, by February 5, 2019. CCMWG purchases first rights. If your submission is chosen, payment upon publication is one copy of the issue in which the work appears, plus $1.00 per piece accepted.
Editor, Well Versed 2019